Thursday, November 17, 2005

TL's Take on Scripture

On this blog, I will digest some of my personal devotionals in public, in hopes that the blessings I receive from Scripture may be shared by as many as read it. May God open our hearts to hear His Word through His Scripture, in Jesus' name, Amen.

Before I share my personal devotions, I thought I would begin by setting some groundwork by sharing my foundational beliefs. It is upon these truths that my entire Christian faith is based, and subsequently, any spiritual truths are revealed. Hopefully, in this forum, we Christians will find fellowship in the commonality of the real truths that guide us all.

~I believe that God created the world and all that is in it, and on the seventh day He rested. (Gen 1:1, John 1:1, Gen 2:2)

~I believe that sin was introduced to the world by Satan, through Adam. (Gen 3, Rom 5:12)

~I believe that the Law came from God, through Moses, and that no man can keep the law on his own. (Exodus 24:3, Rom 3:23)

~I believe that the penalty for breaking any part of the law requires a blood sacrifice. (Deut 12:27, Rom 6:23)

~I believe that, by the Holy Spirit, and through the blessed virgin Mary, God became a man in the form of Jesus Christ. (Luke 1:27-35)

~I believe that Jesus Christ is the only Son of the one true and living God, and is, himself, God. (John 1:1, 3:16)

~I believe that Jesus Christ died as a blood sacrifice for all sin, once for all. (Rom 6:10; Heb 7:27, 9:12&26; 1 Pet 3:18)

~I believe that Jesus Christ rose again on the third day, and in so doing conquered death, hell and the grave. (1 Cor 15:54-57, Hos 13:14)

~I believe that anyone who believes, and is baptized into Christ will be spared death, and have everlasting life with him. (Mark 16:16, John 3:16)

~I believe that all who are saved are marked with a deposit of the Holy Spirit, which guides, teaches and strengthens, preparing each one for the Day of the Lord. (Mark 1:8, John 14:26, Acts 2:38, 1 Cor 6:19, Eph 1:13-14)

~I believe that all Christians are parts of a worldwide Church of Christ, a body, which is being prepared as a bride for Christ. (Rom 12:5; 1 Cor 12:12; Rev 19:7, 21:9)

~I believe that on the Day of the Lord, all Christians of each splintered denomination and congregation, who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and worship Him alone, will be united as one, and presented spotless before Him who is Holy, to praise him and bless him, in unity for eternity. (John 3:17, Rev 21:9, Rev 22)

~I believe that the Bible is the true, factual, actual Word of God, and that its guidance is as relevant today as when it was written by the God-inspired men who penned it. (2 Tim 3:16)

Amen!

No comments: